Scholarship Overview & Eligibility
Annie Ibok Scholarship applicants must fulfill the following criteria in order to be considered:
- Be an incoming college freshman, attending an HBCU in the Fall with a declared major as a full-time student
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent on a 5.0 scale)
- Attend a High School in one the following counties in California and Washington
Bay Area, CA Counties
- Conta Costa
- San Francisco
- San Mateo
- Santa Clara
Submission Deadline: TBD
- A completed application form
- A High School Transcript (signed and scanned by a school official)
- 1 academic letter of recommendation (signed and scanned)
- Up-to-date resume
- 1 business professional/casual photo
- Answer 1/3 following essay questions(up to 500 words) below
Essay Questions (choose one)
- Question 1: Why are you choosing an HBCU for your undergraduate studies?
- Question 2: What does the term "Giving Back" mean to you? How does this apply to your HBCU's mission, and how do you plan to give back with an education from your HBCU?
- Question 3: For decades, HBCU's have provided academic opportunities to underserved and underrepresented youth. In this modern era, are HBCU's relevant and necessary? Why or why not?